Are you a crazy pet parent? Alright, us as well. This topic is your all-get to pass to the best life hacks when it comes to your giving the best to your loving friends. Learn and share the experience of DIY projects, home-made pet food recipes for best life hack for pets.
This homemade dog toothpaste uses coconut oil, fresh mint leaves, cinnamon, and more. A few ingredients make for a frugal and healthy way to help maintain your dog’s oral hygiene. Homemade Dog Toothpaste Recipe:
¼ cup of coconut oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. chicken or beef bouillon granules (for flavor, optional)
3 Tbsp. baking soda
6-7 mint leaves Easy Dog Toothpaste Instructions:
1. Place all ingredients in a small food processor or blender. Blend until mint leaves are finely chopped and all ingredients are combined well.
2. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready for use.
3. To brush your dog’s teeth; Hold dog between your legs, reassuring your pup, and speaking in a soft voice.
4. You can either use a child’s soft toothbrush or slip your hand in a sock and use your index finger to scoop up small amount of toothpaste and brush using your finger.
5. Move gently over your dog's teeth, making small circles as you would brush your teeth. Pay extra attention to back teeth and in between where food sticks. 6. After brushing use water on toothbrush or a clean washcloth to rinse your dogs mouth. Provide fresh water for him to drink and rinse more.
(Do not let your dog eat a large amount of toothpaste as coconut oil can give your pup diarrhea, and baking soda can cause electrolyte imbalance.)